Pages

A day in the life

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Nothing like a day screwing around with these maniacs. I drove over to Costa Mesa (note: driving in ass-short leather skirt is just as awkward as one would imagine) to meet up with Kristin and Teen Vogue's Andrew at the RVCA headquarters and take a look at where it all goes down. I met a bunch of people, drank trial sized Vitamin Water, and got to peer at unseen pieces from Erin's line.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Isn't every office similarly equipped?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A corner we didn't sit in.

I had no idea that RVCA was involved with so many rad artists, in addition to publishing ANP, a quarterly magazine dedicated to art. Here are my favorites, but check them all out here:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Andrew drove us over to a Cuban restaurant in his classy town car to meet up with PM and the mildly insane Tim Hendricks where we chatted about tapeworms and chest hair over plantains. This was, of course, followed by an excursion into sneakerhead-topia. I proceeded to fondle the large-ish selection of Comme des Garcons wallets and make a scene with my beloved Andrew.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I think we were actually having that much fun. We all opted out of group sangria but you wouldn't know it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

RVCA founder PM, me, Tim. We are doing really awesome things with our hands, no?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Kristin found these rusty barrels for me..she knows I like decrepit things. Awww.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Telling Kristin what's up.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Teaching them how to pose like a blogger. It is, after all, a fine art.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oops..except you're not supposed to smile.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A tiny glimpse of Andrew's DOLLY PARTON TSHIRT. Apparently he and Erin had the honor of meeting her this week..I can't decide whether I'm jealous or not. In the back, it reads "Dolly Parton forever". That's all.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then it was time for accessory show-and-tell in the backseat. I immediately whipped out my fingerless lace gloves.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I wanted to steal all of her rings. Especially the one that looks like it should belong to Shredder. Oh, and since I always receive a weird amount of questions about nail polish, I'm wearing "You don't know Jacques" by OPI, which I spotted on Garance when we met up in New York. Apparently Kate Lanphear asked her about it too..just saying. Anyway, read her hilarious tale about it here.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Her nonchalant face. People asked for more Kristin so I tried extra hard to document her, as difficult as she made sure to make it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Warehouse pictures are never too exciting. But warehouses themselves are.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Andrew likes them too.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The end...thank you to all of the above, and for the phone call on the way home ;)



PS for more randomness and weird factoids about me, check out Miss at la Playa's Fantastic Four Feature.

Followers