(American Apparel seethru oversize tshirt, Topshop shorts, Target tights, Chloe boots)
When my round studs arrived (via studsandspikes.com) I rooted around my drawers for about five seconds before knowing that I had to go at it with the silver shorts. Silver overload pleases me greatly.
Colin wanted to say thank you for your comments, I'm sure you can guess which ones made him laugh. To answer some of the questions, his nationality is Polish/Russian, he works out but isn't a stripper, he's 6'1" (and I'm 5'7"), his pants aren't going to get any tighter, they are Frye boots, and we'll try to get some self-timer shots of us together :)
I always get a lot of questions about who takes my photos - my tireless boyfriend Colin is the one behind the lens. Today I turned the tables on him and shot him against this ridiculous pastel sky.
(Miss Selfridge dress, American Apparel mesh bodysuit, Elizabeth and James ring, eBay cuff, Alexander Wang backpack, Chloe boots)
Honestly I've never heard of Miss Selfridge before, but when Knightcat posted a picture of this sucker I savagely clicked to investigate. A dress that zips from a slouchy top into a tight minidress is possibly the most perfect garment for my wardrobe.
And yesss my spiky cuff arrived. Shiny shiny.
I got my windows tinted today and chose limo tint not realizing just how dark it is..guess who's going to be rolling around all gangster..
(Topshop sweater, American Apparel mesh bodysuit, RVCA shorts, Aldo wedges, Luxeshop talon necklace)
Both Wang and Isabel Marant are to thank for introducing the idea of sweats being appropriate for wearing outside the house..so yeah pretty comfortable.
- FINALLY wearing the Topshop sweater I bought last year, it reminds me of Waterworld..as horrible as that movie is I'm totally into the idea of looking like an apocalyptic pirate. Favorite part = sticking my thumbs through the holes.
- mesh bodysuit is perfect under most everything
- I cut off these shorts to make them more me, ie. microscopic
- Thanks to Lisa from luxeshop for the talon necklace, check out her shop to see the cool details
- These Aldo wedges are ridiculously comfortable due to adjustable tie straps and the slightly lower than usual heel..must try with tights
- Really wishing I was in Hawaii right now..chilling on an empty beach with Colin on the North Shore in a non-existent bikini with a stash of hurricane popcorn before getting caught in a tropical downpour..okay daydreaming over..
(secondhand shirt, Forever 21 necklace and shorts, Bakers fringe boots, vintage Chanel backpack)
I always love Native American inspired accessories..this beaded choker is just so out there it sold me on the spot.aand the crushed velvet rampage continues..
I saw on the illustrious Bryanboy's blog that The Daily featured me. Hopefully I can get a bigger scan that I can read but either way, I'm very honored.
Happy almost Friday!!
I just bought this bracelet on eBay in gunmetal and silver..can't wait to get it.
(Topshop, Alexander Wang)
What I'd love to wear under everything this spring..both sold out of course.
Super old Vogue Paris shots of the gorgeous Laetitia Casta..
Loving the jewelry at madeherthink...
and these on crack ankle boots from Japanese brand Tsuru that I discovered via The Coveted as well as these Tristan Blair wedges...so damn hot.
Unspeakably beautiful Givenchy vest via Luisaviaroma.
Rad..longtime readers might remember me buying a pair of white Docs last year that I never bothered to return..might have to dig them up.
Natasha in neon at Narciso.
Someone please remind me who this knit is by so I can drool all over it more specifically.
Wow to this dress I missed on eBay..
And finally the AMAZING LANVIN platform sandals that Lucrecia from fashionispoison sent me..I'm still in shock that I can wear them..so much so that I'm kind of scared of them. Worn here with the American Apparel mesh dress, one of my latest AA acquisitions along with the oversized sheer T. Thank you Lucrecia and have fun in NYC!
A lot of you have asked for a makeup post which I haven't tackled until now because I literally know nothing about it. I do all kinds of horrifying things like brushing my hair when it's wet, putting mascara on my bottom lashes, and piling on the eyeliner when I'm drunk, as well as almost completely ignoring the fact that department store makeup exists. Oh well here goes - my favorite products. And if you're wondering where Colin's stuff goes, he has long since banished himself to the downstairs bathroom, even when I insisted it was unnecessary. Girls are evil.
- LOVE Wet'n Wild's Mega Liner liquid eyeliner..user friendly and it's like $2 or something ridiculous
- Maybelline waterproof Volum' Express mascara, no problems when it comes to this stuff
- e.l.f.'s eyelash curler is amazing and again, really cheap
- I have YSL's Touche Eclat, but I'm not so convinced it's worth the hype? Probably wouldn't buy it again..maybe (probably) I'm just not using it right.
- eyeshadows are something I used to experiment with more, now I kind of just go without or rotate a few - Urban Decay in Roach, this perfect slate gray that I bought at a drugstore in Tokyo, and Wet'n Wild in Toasted (really good neutral)..my favorite dark is just a charcoal one by Nu Skin..I use a lot of Nu Skin because my family gets it for free through a family friend, they also make my favorite pencil eyeliner and the best vitamins..okay off topic.
- I'm really boring in this department, pretty much just a balm girl..but my favorites are Aquaphor and Perfumeria Gal tins. I'm way too lazy to find a red lipstick that "works for me" or whatever. Sometimes I'll go for a clear gloss but always regret it when my hair sticks to my lips in the wind..
- I swear by Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar and Oil of Olay daily moisturizer, sometimes mixing in a little Benefit That Gal for an extra glow
- To exfoliate I use those little buff sponges in the shower once a week, which is easier than a messy scrub and seems to work just as well
- Nu Skin's Glacial Marine Mask is great to use now and then, and Neosporin is the single best thing for blemishes
- Physicians Formula Illuminating Veil is my go-to for more of a done look..I totally messed up and said Prescriptives a couple posts ago but I meant this stuff, sorry!
- Favorite highlighters/bronzers are Milani's Glimmer Stripes in Honey Glimmer and Benefit 10 for being pre-mixed
- I use whatever random shampoo/conditioner I pick up at Target or wherever, most of the time Garnier or Pantene. One of my main issues is that I have fine hair but a lot of it so it tangles like mad - I only brush it after I shower when it's still wet because otherwise it's just a mess. And I know that every beauty magazines proclaims this is the worst thing you can do but I don't know any way around it. You see again why it's so ridiculous for me to write a beauty post.
- After I'm done struggling with that routine I blow dry it for a minute so it's not sopping wet and then spray in Sunsilk's Waves of Envy for texture. It dries wavy or straighter depending on the weather...so I never really know how my hair's going to look. One of you actually suggested it might be fun to straighten it for a day which I agree with but ahh I left any styling tool I might own at my parent's house months ago. Sigh.
- Lately I've been using Soap and Glory's stuff, I like the Righteous Butter moisturizer and use the Almond Oil Body Gloss when I go out at night bare-legged. I'm not sure it does anything but it's kind of fun to spray on.
- Favorite nail colors are OPI's My Private Jet, Got the Blues for Red, Light My Sapphire, and You Don't Know Jacques.
- The only perfume I've used in months is Stella McCartney's roll-on fragrance, it's fresh and never overpowering
Duh I loved the cutouts and asymmetry and have decided that Alexander Wang would create the most covetable lingerie collection ever if he put his mind to it..but check out that jewelry! Prehistoric and bold as advertised.
I instantly fell in love with this collection. I think it's every girl's dream to own a Léger..kind of like a Birkin..except I don't really want a Birkin. Max Azria's Léger girl was roughed up with chained footwear and different plays on texture. My personal favorite would have to be the pseudo-vertebrae print white dress. So good.
The details - I can't believe the glory of those ribbon-y strips of leather either. No end in sight for chains and studding.
I've got a rainy drive to Orange County ahead of me so that's all for now!
(T Alexander Wang tank, Levi's, Demonia boots)
Yes I went there....my new goth/stripper/Harajuku girl boots came last week. They are FUN....and heavy. Happy late Valentine's day, and more importantly, happy NYFW! I wish I could be there but I think the bloggers are representing very well..and I'm saving my frequent flyer miles for Paris.
Colin's input when I wore these out yesterday.."You're lucky I love you so much". HA. Yes I am.
I promise to do a full-on makeup post soon, as grossly unprofessional as my practices are...but below I'm wearing Wet'n Wild liquid eyeliner, Milani Runway Shadow in Blackout mixed with Aquaphor lip balm to grease it up, Nu Colour pearly shadow at the inner corners, Aquaphor on my lips, Prescriptives mineral powder, and Milani Glimmer Stripes in Honey Glimmer. Obviously, my shoe expenditures require me to stick to drugstore makeup. But seriously, Milani = amazing.
(Deep in Vogue jacket, vintage shirt, necklace from Rome, Korcula gold lattice ring, Topshop patent leather skinnies, Sam Edelman boots)
Well whaddayaknow as soon as I complain about it not being cold enough for this jacket it dips down to freezing-for-California temps...NICE. I..love..this...jacket..it seems that Vera is busy traveling right now but I can't wait to see what she creates next.
I've been hunting for the perfect tacky wolf tshirt for like a year now but the search is over..and a thank you to Lindley from Korcula who sent me this rad gold lattice ring, it was immediately accumulated into the daily shinification.
I was lucky enough to catch most of Lagerfeld Confidential on Sundance a couple days ago, how had I not seen it before? There's nothing I savor more in life than a broad, sweeping Karl quote. Between his wearing so many rings to render his fingers themselves invisible, blandly opining that prostitution saves us from murderers, confiding that he can't travel without a pillow saved from his childhood, and bluntly addressing the highly awkward nature of interviewer Rodolphe Marconi, it's kind of a must see. Errr especially if you're a Brad Kroenig fan. Though I will say that for a director being able to spend so much time with the icon he could have produced a much meatier film..but whatever.
My favorite pearl:
"The worst thing is when friends say, ‘Remember the good old days?’ Forget about the good old days! That just makes your present secondhand. What is interesting is now. If you think it was better before, then you might as well commit suicide immediately."
I love him.
(vintage crushed velvet dress, necklace, and denim vest, deep in vogue faux fur scarf, Aldo pumps, RVCA bag)
After being non-committally warm all day it broke out into a crazy downpour about five minutes after we shot these, after which we sat in the car and marveled at its intensity through the moon roof. Kinda romantic you know.
Maybe for once I'll actually talk about my clothes?
- I ordered this amazing jacket from Deep in Vogue's Etsy store weeks ago but haven't worn it during the day yet..nighttime photos are always kind of a pain to take but I promise to put it on the blog soon. The thing is WARM, like warmer than any other form of outerwear I've ever owned I think. I enjoy wearing it to the supermarket so as to minimize my complaining when Colin lingers in the arctic produce section. But as a sweet extra she included this faux fur scarf, which makes most outfits look better immediately.
- Pumps I normally stay away from because they're never comfortable but these actually aren't painful..I'm all about the weirdly square toe. And yes it felt awkward not wearing some kind of an ankle boot.
- Crushed velvet dress...overdyed denim vest...speak for themselves. Massive gaudy necklace with cigarette slots...no idea either.