- So I did take go darker as mentioned, I decided on Paul Mitchell's PM Shines, which deposits color while damaging hair as minimally as possible (perfect for my chemical happy hair)..it's demipermanent so apparently it's going to fade back the previous more golden color in a month or so. I keep on doing double takes in the mirror but I really like the change for now...oddly enough it ended up matching my eye color pretty exactly.
- Did a photo shoot Thursday for Lucky's September issue at West Coast bureau chief Marlien Rentmeester's gorgeous home, she was so gracious and I now have a goal to eventually have a home that well decorated. One can dream.
- Been wearing these lace pants all week with my favorite worn out tshirts and tanks..I hate wearing jeans when it's hot out and these are about a thousand times more comfortable. Yeahh for new silhouettes.
(Topshop crochet bodysuit, Levi's, vintage blazer, vintage rings and necklaces, Made Her Think talon ring, LD Tuttle boots, Earlums cuff earring, Alexander Wang bag)
Was seriously going to save this bodysuit for the 4th but when it arrived today I just really wanted to wear it. Oh well. Temporarily switching out the knuckle for the talon ring which is everything that I wanted it to be..I definitely go through jewelry buying stages and I'm pretty satisfied with this update. Taking my hair darker tomorrow, just not quite sure how much yet. Nervous!
(Monrow dress, boyfriend's navy wifebeater, Chloe wedges, RVCA crochet clutch)
I honestly had no idea how comfortable this whole maxi dress thing could be...this is about as 'summery' as I can get when it rains in June.
(eBay, netaporter, topshop, max&chloe, bonadrag, target)
I'm building a smallish summer wardrobe..the talon ring is coming via eBay from Thailand. Will report back on how it compares in real life. Crochet bodysuit + shorts + sunglasses + cross earrings = 4th of July.
I was up at the RVCA headquarters today and got to try on the prototypes for the pieces I designed..so surreal. We're looking at a few more months before they're available, but I'm so excited! Kristin was looking smashing in a floral dress, quartz necklace, and peep toe motorcycle boots and I got to take a close look at the OCTAGON they had put in. They never fail to impress.
I posted a page of this a couple months ago but recently found the rest on tFS. Shrunken tshirts, aviators, denim vests and skirts, stripes, dog tags, baseball hats...very summer-ideal. Most of the time with editorials a single image or piece is all that sticks out to me but this is all perfect. Shot by Terry Richardson, who of course is renowned for his casual mastery of the flash, but I somehow always love his naturally lit shots more.
(Topshop tshirt, Morgan de Toi skirt, Emma Cook for Topshop boots, vintage necklaces, Noir studded bracelet)
Sunday. Waking up slowly and sweetly/peppermint soap/oatmeal with peaches/coral nail polish/new blue ring/car wash/swap meet/Peruvian ceviche/melon hookah/orange sunset at the beach/living room party/homemade popcorn/watching the history channel/feeding the cats/the end. Perfect.
From Jalouse March 09. Love everything here. I got this issue when I was in Paris but if anyone knows how I can buy Jalouse from California I will love you forever.
(RVCA dress, H&M lace triangle bralette, Forever 21 white feather earrings and necklace turned chain harness, Noir stud bracelet, secondhand wrap sweater, Aldo cutout boots)
- About a hundred years late on the body chain bandwagon..I ordered this necklace from Forever 21 and when I tried it on it struck me as being one simple step away from a whole new piece. I attached the sides with an old chain from another necklace and I think I'll just have to leave it this way.
- Made an attempt at a foolish bang blending trick and ended up bobby pinning again. Meanwhile I'm still overdosing on the vitamins you guys recommended..though witnessing Kristen Stewart's Joan Jett transformation has given me a whole new perspective...I still love you Kristen.
- Colin and I were kind of early to meet up for dinner (at a really good vegetarian restaurant..Jyoti Bihanga) and walked around the block to try to take some photos. The light coming through this old Tibetan shop was just unreal.
- Thank you for all the love on shoptoast! Sent out about 40 packages today. Even I didn't think I had this much stuff lying around.
- Wore this sweater in honor of all the random pr emails I've been getting about the new Missoni hotel in Edinburgh..really? I guess I would check it out if I was in the area...one of my best friends does live there and I figure I have to visit her at some point. Plus I really want to see a moor.
(Erin x RVCA tshirt, Stolen Girlfriend's Club jeans, Marni wedges, borrowed from bf necklace, vintage cuff)
Quite seriously the most creative jeans I've seen, let alone touched, these have a double layered front which allow the shredding to get drastic. Stolen Girlfriend's Club has been getting a lot of attention on the blogs and for good reason, they push the boundaries with a fresh eye resulting in pieces that are just unique enough to make you do a double take and figure out exactly what it is you're looking at.
As an aside, I realized when making my way to my dresser last night and being waylaid by mountains of clothes and drawers that wouldn't shut that it's time for some whittling. The goal = being able to have all my clothing folded/hung/somehow organized at once. I'll still be doing the vintage on eBay but for Topshop, American Apparel, random heels etc etc shoptoast is the answer.
The past few days: tried inca cola, biked more than I drove, finally downloaded video from paris, partied maybe too hard, made fresh salsa, hung out with the guys, thrifted rainbow knit sweater, painted nails navy, chose sandals over boots, slept with the window open.