(vintage poncho, American Apparel tshirt, Silence + Noise lace corset, gifted Soul Design Lab jeans, Jeffrey Campbell x Free People boots, Pamela Love double cage ring)
Heading to Hapa Izakaya for Japanese tapas before the show..feasted on amaebi, salmon sashimi, and miso eggplant. The consistently almost-raining weather gave me the perfect excuse to wear this blinding fringed poncho I thrifted last month. Suitable for a psychedelic Little Red Riding Hood, and me, apparently. I discovered after I brought it home with me that it's fully reversible as well..the other side boasts semi-unattractive patchy black faux fur and brass toggles. Toggles are always good in my book.
Want to give an enormous shoutout and a lifetime's worth of gratitude to Ms. Araki from Elle Girl Japan who gave me (I KNOW...I'm still in a confused daze over the whole thing) an Olympus EP2 camera at the photo shoot at my house last week. I tried to refuse but if you've ever tried this tactic against a Japanese person you know it's most ineffective. It hasn't left my side since..I'm still figuring out it's endless options and settings but am already in passionate love with it. I took a picture of Kumo with it and the clarity was so extreme that it looked as if his fur was emerging all hedgehog-like through the LCD screen. Probably the most ideal camera for it's joint portability and DSLR power..I've posted a few shots I've taken with it in the past week on genericdream.
First things first, thank you so much to the Loden hotel for having us..from the entirely windowed wall to the endlessly entertaining floor-to-ceiling sliding doors to the extremely attentive staff, our stay was pretty perfect. A couple photos here from a fitting with Obakki (loved the texture of this body con dress) for the show later that night and the view from the room. Thanks also to my readers for all the restaurant and shopping tips, they were put to as much use as possible.
Flying over the Golden Gate for a layover in San Francisco earlier today...I'm home from an amazing time in Vancouver in time for Memorial Day at the beach, can't wait to tell you about it when I'm not in a state of complete delirium.
(Alexander Wang asymmetrical romper courtesy of Forward, Emma Cook x Topshop boots, vintage arrowhead necklace, eBay cross bracelet, Pamela Love rings)
Forward sent me this amazing one-piece...which is somehow more versatile than a skort/romper/elasticated thing should conceivably be. By that I mean a change of shoes takes it from the beach to Trader Joe's to a night out..though I understand my idea of what makes sense where is anywhere from mildly to completely skewed according to some.
I'm working on packing a suitcase of knits and leather to fly up to rainy Vancouver with Colin tomorrow morning..can't wait for the Obakki show...their lookbook had me sold in a heartbeat. If you have any tips for what to check out in the city I'd love to hear them..x
ph. by my friend Chris
One of my all time favorite thrifted sweaters. Sorry for the smugface, it's more of a grimace due to almost breaking myself leaping onto this strangely rock hard "couch". Sometimes you just expect a little more give. I know I've posted this sweater before a couple times but I'm just really excited about my new toy the pseudo-Polaroid Fuji Instax. Bought after giving up on finding un-expired Polaroid 600 film and being hit with a grim sold out on all fronts situation at The Impossible Project. I took a few of Chris at various angles and advised him to write his number on them and hand them out like credit card-sized photographic candy to females preceding the exchange with a "You're welcome", but his hidebound scope prevented him from seeing this plan through. Ok maybe I give really bad advice (this). OR it would have been an effective way to sift through those unequipped with a sense of humor. Whichever. People are way too on guard anyway. Including me. So, in summary, I have led you in a pointless circle. Sorry about that. But yes I like my new camera.
(cestvogue, cameron smith)
Jackets at the beach. Awesome. Extra points for carrying sticks and having various things dangling off of you (jute twine will do). And I might need to grab those railroad denim shorts from the new Kate Moss x Topshop collection..
ph. by Colin
(thrifted fuzzy sweater, UO ruffle shorts, Swan Diamond sock garters, Target thigh highs, Miu Miu satin platforms, Pamela Love rope earrings, cross ring, and cage ring courtesy of Bona Drag, OPI polish in Light My Sapphire)
Wearing a fistful of shiny new accessories. Turns out simultaneously clutching a golden skull and a droopy turtleneck is a great way to demonstrate what rings you are wearing. I mean that as facetiously as I can when actually posting these photos. The cage ring hasn't come off since I received it last week..the fully functional hinge brings me a little bit closer to cramming as much metal on my fingers as Karl does. A zoomed in look at his rings during a random YouTube video of him I watched a while ago revealed he had every usable bit of surface area covered...over his trademark leather gloves if I remember correctly. Impressive.
Otherwise: eBay-ed back issues of The Face, creepy fuzzy 90s sweater that became even more questionable when I washed it on all the wrong settings, pale pink elastic sock garters, navy nails, and the last inch of a leftover Valentine's Day candle.
(gifted Gypsy 05 top and Alexis silk pants, F21 headband, Grey Ant sunglasses, Dolce & Gabbana wedges, Jas MB clutch)
I love these pants so much..more comfortable than pajamas/sweat pants/anything else whose sole purpose is to enable slovenliness. My favorite outfits fall into this category of being somewhere between simple and messy..and then stacked on top of five inch footwear...but you probably already knew that.
ph. by me and Colin
Photos build up after a while. I still have whole folders of Tokyo photos to go through...anyway, here goes:
- 3 favorites - Claude Maus dress, Madame Hawke bustier, and Alexander Wang shorts
- from the opening of Noble Experiment..a pseudo-speakeasy downtown..I would have been sold on the chandelier and ceiling art (and the invitation - a golden skull of my own in a solid wooden box) alone but add a macabre wall of skulls and I may want to move in...oh and good drinks too
- Erin Wasson x RVCA leather one-piece..amazing for summer but it's a bit too big on me..I tried to make this less obvious by contorting
- bored in the car by myself shot - Forever 21 cross and stud rings + old standby knuckle ring..shocking that I haven't lost this yet what with how often I wear it and take it off in cars and by bathroom sinks...against a background of leopard tights and steering wheel
- I need to get a better shot of the Stevie jeans that Elizabeth and James sent me from their new Textile denim line...obsessed with the overdyed pockets and '70s silhouette
- sunset + Camilla and Marc "Somewhere Sometime" dress...freezing...an exposed back and sides will do that I guess
- Chaser Collection tshirt borrowed from Kristin, Forever 21 necklace, gifted J Brand leggings, Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent zipper wedges
- my favorite candle line, Capri Blue, dominates my mantel..Volcano is my favorite..the huge gold mirror is one of my best thrift store finds of all time
- better shot of the skull ring that Leviticus sent me...hope my hands were clean
- navy blue water is as beautiful as it is scary
- stocking up..it looks like I'm stealing but I'm not..backpacks just make everyone look suspicious
- I heavily abuse my center console..sorry, you'll have to hold your drink..Danny Roberts' work graces both my iPod and my Macbook and jewelry litters my life