Pages

surreality


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




(vintage crushed velvet dress and mohair cardigan that I'm so mad at myself for putting up in the store, American Apparel tights, Lyte Accessories headband, Bakers boots)

I took a break to immerse myself wholeheartedly in real life for the past few days. I'm not quite sure what it is about me that makes people feel so strongly, but my blog and my life are going to go in whatever direction that I feel like taking them. I'm never really quite sure what the point is when people say they wish I would dress a certain way or go back to something I was doing before, mostly because it implies that I should be consciously styling myself in a way to please them and just trash whatever feels natural to me at the moment, rendering my blog absolutely pointless. If you think I dress/look/act like a coke whore then surely you can seek fulfillment elsewhere on the internet. I party, I cry, I laugh, I contemplate the validity of leather pants, I take too long to call my parents back, I fight with my boyfriend, I wish I was two inches taller, I cut my own hair, I watch Heroes while snuggling my kittens, I think Michael Showalter is a genius, I constantly wriggle my toes, I've read everything Tolkien and Dahl about a thousand times, I love the sound of riding the train in Tokyo and the feeling of getting into a warm car, I sit on the beach and stare at the ocean almost every day, I wear short skirts...I am a normal person for everything weird and un-weird that I do. I am not a role model. Take it or leave it.

Thank you to all my readers for your sweet/hilarious/amazing/constructively critical/insightful words. Seriously.

+ a few things that I've been pondering

  • I am in love with Eugenie Niarchos' earrings she designed for Repossi
  • I finally scored a pair of Sam Edelman's Balenciaga knockoffs...ultimate boot
  • seeking gloves/gauntlets/wristguards/whatever
  • congratulations to Alex Wang on winning the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award..and check out Alice Dellal in THE dress
  • vintage Moss is the best Moss
  • loving the Rodarte inspiration going on for Topshop ss09 documented by Susie Bubble
  • but first must come the leather shorts
  • the most perfect head accessory I've ever seen, from The Face magazine




(sources: fashionchronicles, repossi, stylebubble, fashionologie, tfs, milk)

Followers