Pages

mind the gap @ prism gallery



I've been staring at this Polaroid for three minutes wondering if I scanned it in straight. Which probably means that I didn't. Anyway, the shoot for RVCA's lookbook was at the Mind the Gap exhibit curated by PM Tenore and featuring Phil Frost and Barry McGee's work at PC Valmorbida's PRISM gallery on Sunset. This was actually such an ideal way to take in the art for a solid whole day. Between the huge multi-textured paintings and the nonstop pouring rain against the floor to ceiling windows it made for a rad atmosphere. The shoot ran into the early evening and I was pretty out of it towards the end until I was introduced to the man himself Phil Frost. He kindly insisted on Polaroiding ourselves after my final look and handed me this shot embellished with his signature white out hearts on my way out the door. Best memento ever.

Check out more of his work here and here and if you're in LA make sure to check out the exhibit sometime between now and February.

Followers