Pages

tears for ears

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This skirt makes me so happy I want to die. Well it's actually more of a loincloth than a skirt since it's pretty much a triangle with snaps and the rest of it is just fringe, sweet fringe. Hopefully I'm not becoming so bored with readily available merchandise that I must reference the prehistoric. Anyway, I took cover underneath with a black mini because I am not a stripper.

But that is not the focus here. I want to discuss earrings. Somewhere along the way it seems they became irrelevant, or perhaps it's just me? Aside from my peacock feather ordeals, I never even think to put them on anymore. Perhaps we are living in a time of the necklace and bangle. Not wanting to exclude entire categories from my accessorization practices, I wore this piece today, which I picked up at a thrift store years ago in a set of two. It requires no piercing, instead relying upon the shape of the ear to stay put. Belgian model and Jefferson Hack dater Anouck Lepere came out with a line of similar jewelry made of delicate chains that I remember wanting every single piece from, but for some inexplicable reason she discontinued it. A Google search only yielded the below image (of Anouck herself), from The Fashion Spot of course, but it is enough to demonstrate how beautifully ethereal her designs were. If I had known, I would have gladly sacrificed buying a couple poli sci textbooks in college for at least a few pieces..though I know I'm lucky to have found these similar-ish gold ones. Man I hate it when good things stop existing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Top, American Apparel. Skirt and earring, vintage. Heels, Dollhouse (thanks to Karla for bringing them to my attention!). Bag, Givenchy.

Followers