Pages

Lanphear does cheap chic






I always look forward to seeing Kate Lanphear's work in Elle, though not as much as I do to seeing random street style snaps of her on The Sartorialist and Style.com - her futuristic crop of white hair is always perfectly set off by her grungy/edgy style. If you thought there were only so many ways to wear black, just check out her thread at The Fashion Spot.

Last week, when airport boredom led me to the magazine stand, I stopped obnoxiously lingering and flipping and purchased the issue on the spot after seeing this editorial featuring her styling work. The pieces she used are ridiculously cheap, the details listing off brands such as Forever 21, Fruit of the Loom, and Converse for Target, though they are spruced up by thousands and thousands of dollars worth of jewelry. Gotta keep it high fashion somehow, duh. The pieces she used are very familiar (lamé leggings, denim shorts/vest, leather jacket) but taken to another level. I dug out my scanner that I haven't touched for about two years to share these, so sorry if they're crooked, horridly done, etc. - I can seriously never manage to align the pages properly. Now to find those amazing stripey knit shorts...

Followers