Pages

on track



ph. by Colin Sokol

(thrifted bustier over RVCA dress, American Apparel socks..thank you AA for sending me packages of weird things every now and then..my favorites are the oddities that never make it to their website, vintage coat, Jessica Simpson platforms)

This coat is without a doubt now the warmest thing I own...with the 25 lb. weight behind it to prove it. Wearing dramatic coats around here is something that I find a sort of strange pleasure in. For one, people seem to be impressed by anything more than a substantial-ish sweatshirt..and even when wearing said dramatic piece yields an ideal body temperature, there are slight undertones of crazy that go along with the whole situation. I find this all very funny apparently.

I get a lot of questions in regards to the "braveness" to dress any way you want to in the public eye..be it the grocery store, school, party, etc...and where I get the confidence to wear this or that. Which is strange to me because I'm really not that out there in my mind...but it's touching in the most real way to read emails from girls that thought they were too tall to wear platform heels/afraid what their peers would think if they were to dress the way they wanted to/want to add some glamour back into their lives saying that I've inspired them to break out of the box in any way. My outlook has always been that people in the streets aren't dressing to please me, why should I take them into account when dressing myself? Playing with clothes is one of the most basic pleasures in life along with other stupid crap like peeling nail polish off in single sheets, crawling into a sun warmed car, and laughing about nothing and everything. If I were to die tomorrow I would be glad that I wore a slightly inappropriate coat and five inch heels to a deserted train station in the middle of the day. You know what I mean?

Followers