Pages

aloha rag/thakoon











(Lover tunic, Forever 21 shorts, Earlums ear cuffs, thrifted jacket, vintage bag, Chloe boots, random harness belt and tights)

I seriously love Aloha Rag..such a refreshing edited selection of labels (Chloe, Demeulemeester, Lim, CdG, Margiela) and enough jewelry to make a parchment scroll of a wishlist (largely due to all the Luis Morais up for grabs). I've been to their Honolulu location before and was stoked to see couple of the same faces from that visit..but hopefully they didn't place me as the girl that had shamelessly groped all their Balenciaga..okay on maybe more than one visit. Hmmm. Anyway, they had a launch party during fashion week to celebrate a collaboration with Thakoon....see the perfectly oversized plaid cardigans above. Supposed to be men's but I think that could be pretty easily bent. Thakoon himself was so sweet and funny...I was too nervous to approach him until Colin forced me to by telling him he was making me nervous (umm thanks) and then I got even more awkward and stammer-y when he told me he had read my blog. This was most unfortunate because I should have asked him about the giant hoods and draped dresses he showed for fall and how to tie a scarf in such a perfect voluminous knot. Oh well. I spotted a few Teen Vogue staffers in a sea of well dressed Japanese people, which only got me more excited about leaving for Tokyo in ONE WEEK. I'm so not ready but I can't wait.

Followers